Sunday, October 5, 2008

Pumpkin upside down cake

1 large can pumpkin
1 can evaporated milk, 13 0z.
4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
3 eggs
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c sugar
1 box yellow cake mix
2 cubes butter
1 c. nuts, optional

Mix pumpkin, evaporated milk, spice, eggs, and sugar together and put in a 9x13 pan. Sprinkle dry cake mix on top of pumpkin.  Melt butter and pour over cake mix. Sprinkle nuts on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hr.

This YUMMY recipe came from MaryAnn. This is the first time I have made it and I will be making it often! Its the Perfect fall recipe. I split my batter into two pie pans, so I could cut it into wedges, and it fit perfectly. I have to say it is more of a pie than a cake. YUM.


John D. in all his fabulous glory!


3 comments:

Arlene Heiner said...

The dessert was wonderful. There is never is a dull moment with John around. We will miss him. There is always alot of laughter when he is in town.

Rachel said...

That sounds sooooo good! That is a classic picture of John, what a hoot!

Melanie said...

The dessert was AMAZING!!! I always feel like pumpkin pie is always good, but a little bland...this upside down cake was a winner!