Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Chicken with Herb-Basting Sauce.

The other day I stared blankly at a frozen package of chicken breasts and had no idea what to do with them. Being almost 9 months pregnant, I didn't feel like trying anything adventurous and I definitely wasn't going to the store. I also couldn't face opening yet another can of Cream of Anything Soup. So, I went to my trusty http://www.allrecipes.com/ for some ideas. I found one that didn't look too exciting, but I found the 226 positive reviews from other cooks heartening. Plus I had everything in my pantry. I cut the raw breasts into tenderloins (because time was of the essence, it was already 5:30pm) and crowded them together in a casserole dish, then I turned them over about halfway through cooking to make sure all pieces were coated with the herbs. I served it with some leftover potatoes and a green salad. It was delicious and I couldn't believe how juicy the chicken was. All of the kids loved it!
Here is the recipe:



ENJOY!

3 comments:

Melanie said...

YAY!!! A yummy recipe from Rachel! Looks delicious!

Arlene Heiner said...

Rachel, you're all over it. Glad we put you on board. This could be lots of fun. Can't wait to see the blog grow

Jess said...

i am confronted with that dilemma everyday. a bag of frozen chicken and i don't know what to do. i'm going to cook this recipe this week!